ABOUT THE STUDIO
April Mawhinney Design Studio has grown over the years. The studio now brings together the design expertise & knowledge of April Mawhinney-Wells along with the work from some of UK's most talented textile & surface pattern designers.
April Mawhinney Design Studio creates luxury, well crafted illustrations & surface designs.
Our love of the countryside and our passion for drawing are brought together in our collections of illustrations, surface pattern and textile designs.
We love working closely to a client’s specific requirements, but also love delving into a project, and when required, bringing our own creative nuances to the design brief.
April Mawhinney Design Studio, is an illustration studio set among the rolling drumlins of County Down, Northern Ireland.
The studio produces illustrations and surface pattern designs for a wide variety of uses, but mostly with an emphasis on the Home Decor market, but also illustrations for stationery and fashion accessories.
April Mawhinney is originally from Northern Ireland and studied at:
- Winchester School of Art (University of Southampton) - BA (Hons) Textile Art
- Oslo National Academy of the Arts - Printed Textiles
- University of Ulster, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
She has worked as a textile designer both in-house and freelance, and now continues to work both directly with her own clients through her studio, as well as freelancing for other exciting print studios in the home decor, kitchen textiles and apparel markets.
Patterns and designs sold to:
- Target Australia
- Woman's apparel & swimwear brands
- Home Decor brands - specifically designs for lampshades & wallpaper
- Independent businesses and clients
- Interior Designers & Private Commissions