"beautifully wild homewares, with a dash of eclectic eccentricity".
Hi, I'm April, and I believe:
1. Colour is Happiness
2. Life is too short not to be surrounded by things that bring you joy.
3. Banish the beige; be brave with colour and pattern.
I'm an Irish-British illustrator. Over the last 20 years, I've worked both in-house and as a freelance textile designer; creating textile designs for kitchen textiles and home decor clients.
Since having my second child in 2018, I took the leap away from working as an anonymous designer for other brands, and have nurtured my own client projects and grown my range of products.
With a passion for supporting British manufacturing and a geek-level understanding of techy-computer-aided-design stuff; there's much I can do to help you make the most of your interior spaces.
Buying wallpaper or home decor fabric is an investment so please do look at the repeat sizes, make sure you order samples and please reach out if you have any questions.
So let's jump off the maximalist cliff together, hold hands and scream all the way down into a place that is patterned, colourful and, importantly, yours!
What the Studio Stands For:
• Artisan: Knowing that every piece in the collection has been beautifully designed by me, and made in the U.K.
• Intention: Giving you permission to fill your home with things that express your interests and bring you joy. Your personality isn't 'beige', so why should your home be?
• Colour: The belief that Colour is Happiness!
I mainly work in pen and ink, drawing and illustrating the designs by hand. Colours and textures are then added digitally in my iPad using brushes and drawing tools that replicate coloured pencils and charcoals. The illustrations are then transferred into Adobe Photoshop, where they are put into repeat or finished ready for the client, or production.
I only work with production companies who use responsibly sourced materials and ecological inks. My range of greetings cards support The Woodland Trust in maintaining our native wooded spaces.
Want to work with April?
Read the 'Working with Me' page and drop me a line!
Illustration clients and designs sold to:
University of California, Berkeley
Graham & Brown Wallpaper Company (for B&Q)